Holy crap. It’s been over 6 weeks since I wrote in this.
Let’s see.. I left China having chanted well over 250,000 daimoku, which was my goal. Yay! I accomplished many things that I had written down at the beginning of my daimoku campaign
- Financial breakthrough - Not only did my dad receive his paycheck, but he has been receiving more steady jobs in the past 2 months. Also received a generous Soka grant in addition to my merit scholarship, which covers about half of my tuition. Major breakthrough since I never previously received any financial aid.
- Spirit Department President - Although I didn’t have much (or any) competition, I was appointed as Spirit Dept President for the 2010-2011 year. Looking forward for this opportunity to work with my class and contribute to SUA in my own way
- All 3 of my friends that were waitlisted for SUA were accepted as Class of 2014! Super happy for their victories
- Alex and I got the room we wanted for senior year :P
-Support Rock the Era - After only attending one practice, I was appointed as a Socal West YPG rep, basically helping out Kumi and Lisa and communicating to other YPG reps and helping plan morning meetings and making sure practices run smoothly. And then 2 weeks ago I was also appointed as the Socal West Fife and Drum Corps Drumline leader. I’ve also been able to invite many guests who plan on attending Rock the Era, some of my cousins included.
- My previous employer contacted me and I will be working with them again once the season starts again and I was just accepted for an internship at ACLU (American Civil Liberties Union) which I will be able to continue with during the fall semester. I didn’t even have to apply for anything, opportunities just came up!
- A- study abroad grade. Yeah, I REALLY wanted an A, but an A- is still a victory. I know I worked hard, but I didn’t study nearly as much as I could have. And it’s perfectly understandable. The important thing is that my GPA is not affected in a negative way and I’m happy with that
Overall,by the end of my study abroad experience I definitely got the BREAK THROUGH I was seeking. Learning the STAND ALONE SPIRIT, or course with the help and support of my friends and family, I was able to set and accomplish goals in just a matter of weeks.
Right now I’m struggling in consistency. My faith has been like fire, burning with passion for about a month, and then going out for another few weeks.
There are 18 days left until the West Territory Rock the Era festival and I am determined to be VICTORIOUS in every aspect of my life!
Restarting my daimoku campaign…now :)